Active for Life – Free Event
The Active For Life event is a FREE open day hosted annually by one of your local leisure centres.
Active for Life aims at giving you the opportunity to:
- Try new activities
- Get back into physical activity or a sport that you used to love
- Find out more about local opportunities to be active in Solihull
- Speak to local organisations for wellbeing advice
- And most importantly have a day of fun while taking part in lots of exercise
This year the Active for Life event took place @Tudor Grange Leisure Centre on Wednesday 17th May. The event provided a range of gentle activity taster sessions, suitable for people aged 45 yrs and over. This included:
- Walking Netball: Around 16 people took part in this activity and from this there is now a session being delivered on Wednesdays from 3.30pm-4.30pm @Beechcroft Sports Centre, Beechcroft Ave, Birmingham, B28 9ER. First session is free.
- Table Tennis: Delivered by Colebridge Table Tennis Club
- Yoga: Local hatha Yoga and chair-based yoga sessions are available to cater for beginners and those with poorer mobility.
- Zumba Gold: A modified dance class, Easy to follow, lower intensity moves. For more information visit: Zumba Gold
- Walking Football: A slow-paced version of the game aimed at getting players back involved in the sport. Currently available at Tudor Grange Leisure Centre. Get involved
- Touch Tennis: Delivered by Tudor Grange Tennis. It’s easy to pick up but difficult to put down.
- Badminton: Delivered by Tudor Grange Tennis.
- Aqua Fit: Swimming pool based exercise class delivered at Tudor Grange Leisure Centre
- Nordic Walking: This is an enhancement of ordinary walking and is a great way to keep active outdoors. Delivered by Heart of England Nordic Walking
- Local walks: Find local walks in your area.
- Gym Inductions: There are a range of options available at both Tudor Grange Leisure Centre and North Solihull Sports Centre.
If you would like more details on how you can take part in some of these activities please click here
Please check back in early 2018 for more information on next year’s event.