Change 4 Life
Solihull Active is a proud supporter of Change 4 Life, the national campaign which encourages us to eat well and move more in order to live longer.
What is Change4Life?
These days, ’modern life’ can mean that we’re a lot less active. With so many opportunities to watch TV or play computer games, and with so much convenience and fast food available, we don’t move about as much, or eat as well as we used to.
Change4Life for your kids
9 out of 10 of our kids today could grow up with dangerous amounts of fat in their bodies. This can cause life-threatening diseases like cancer, type 2 diabetes and heart disease – so its really important that we do something about it.
Change4Life for you
By the time we reach middle age, the majority of us could do with losing at least a bit of weight. Being overweight isn’t just about the way we look. It can lead to more aches and pains, problems sleeping and people report a loss of energy and confidence. It also increases our chances of getting heart disease, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. Middle age comes to everyone – ‘middle aged spread’ doesn’t have to.
You’ve taken the first step towards getting yourself or your kids eating well, moving more and living longer just by being here – so welcome to Change4Life!
We all know it can be hard these days to live a happy, healthy life but Change4Life can help. After all, none of us are perfect. The way we live in modern society means a lot of us, especially our kids, have fallen into unhealthy habits. Even the best of us can make small changes.
Making a Change 4 Life doesn’t need to be difficult. With a little help, it can be really rewarding and fun! Why not try some of the following suggestions for small, easy steps to get you and your family happily on your way:
- 60 active minutes – Do your kids get theirs everyday?
- 5 a day – Giving them their 5 portions of fruit and veg a day is easier than you think
- Meal time – Why it’s important to make time for 3 regular meals
- Up and about – Why kids shouldn’t veg out and how to get them out and about
- Snack check – How to reduce unhealthy snacking
- Me size meals – How to make sure kids eat the right sized portions for their age
- Cut back fat – Easy ways to lower the fat in your family’s diet
- Sugar swaps – Simple ways to help kids eat less sugar