Gentle Activity Programme
Step Into Solihull
The Step into Solihull project is a gentle activity programme in Solihull which incorporates; a walking programme and gentle exercise sessions. Below is a video that helps to explain a little more about the programme.
Our full list of gentle exercise sessions and walks, including days/times/locations and prices, can be found in our: Step Into Solihull Apr-Sep17.
Our October 17 – March 18 booklet can be accessed here: Step into Solihull Booklet Oct 17-Mar 18
Sessions are aimed at over 45’s and accept both male and female participants. You are welcome to just turn up on the day. Sessions run on a first come-first served basis.
On arrival at your first Solihull Active session you will be asked to fill out a Step Into Solihull – Registration Form. All of our programmes are suitable for everyone, but if you are unsure, please come along to our next session and find out for yourself, or contact us on 0121 704 8207 if you have any questions.
Walking For Health: Solihull Striders and Strollers
Come and enjoy your local area, meet new people and improve your health. Solihull Striders and Strollers provide health walks throughout the borough. We have 12 regular walks led by our volunteer walk leaders. All of our walks take place in the morning. Current dates, times and locations can be found in our Step Into Solihull – Booklet. Please visit our Walking in Solihull page for further info.
Gentle Exercise Sessions
- Tai Chi – Don’t do stress … do Tai Chi. Step into Solihull offers sessions at: North Solihull Sports Centre, Tudor Grange Leisure Centre, The Core (Central library Solihull), and Bentley Heath Community Centre.
- Extend – Offers gentle exercise to music classes for over 45’s. The sessions promote health, increase mobility, and improve strength, co-ordination and balance. You can get involved in these sessions locally at: Bentley Heath Community Centre and St Clements Church (Castle Bromwich)
- Dance – Experience a variety of dance styles with our local ‘Stepping out’ dance classes at The Core (Central library Solihull). The Core also offer a monthly Tea Dance in the studio. Please visit The Core website for more information.
- Line dancing – A session suitable for beginners, all capabilities, and open to over 45’s, taking place at Bentley Heath Community Centre. The classes all work on a first-come first-serve basis and you are welcome to just turn up on the day.
- Yoga – Local hatha yoga and chair-based yoga sessions are available to cater for beginners and those with poorer mobility. Yoga classes are great for both body and mind! Classes are available at North Solihull Sports Centre and The Core (Central library Solihull).
- Walking Football – A slow-paced version of the game aimed at getting players back involved in the sport. Currently available at Tudor Grange Leisure Centre and Beechcroft Community Sports Club.
- Ladies Walking Netball – A slowed down version of the game of netball, designed for anyone looking to exercise in a relaxed, supportive and friendly environment. Click here for more information.
Other local organisations that offer physical activity opportunities in Solihull:
- Friends in Recreation Solihull (FIRS)
- University of the Third Age (U3A)
- Age UK Solihull
- Discovery Walks Solihull