There are many different aspects to a healthy lifestyle including:
- Being Active
- Eating Well
- Drinking Well
- Not smoking
- Sleeping Well
- Coping with stress
How healthy are you?
For a more in depth look into your health and lifestyle you can book a ‘healthy lifestyle assessment’ with an exercise professional at one of our local leisure centres. Your healthy lifestyle assessment will include an analysis of your body composition, blood pressure, lung capacity, rate of metabolism, flexibility and lifestyle indicators.
This assessment comes complete with a personalised report which will compare your results to average population data and give advice and information on how to improve. Healthy lifestyle assessments are available at Tudor Grange Leisure Centre and North Solihull Sports Centre.
FREE for members and £7.50 for non-members. Cholesterol Checks are also available for £2.50
Top tips for being active:
- Find an activity you enjoy and you are more likely to keep it up.
- Plan your physical activity just as you would any other appointment during the day.
- Make the most of your commute – walk or bike to work. If you travel by bus, get off a few stops earlier, and walk the rest of the journey.
- Be realistic – Despite your body benefiting quickly, you may not noitce it straight away.
- Start small and build up the time spent doing the activity.
- Set yourself a goal and commit to completing the activities you choose from week to week.
- Take up an activity the whole family or your friends can enjoy.
- Keep a pair of comfortable walking or running shoes in your car and office – You’ll be ready for activity wherever you go!
- Use a pedometer or a walking app on your phone – counting your steps will show you how well you are doing.
- Do some exercise at home – walk up and down the stairs, do some gardening, walk on the spot whilst watching TV or on the phone.
- Every little counts! Move more and feel good.