What is DocSpot
DocSpot is an exercise referral programme which provides patients with an opportunity to improve their health through taking part in a supervised programme of physical activity designed to meet their personal needs and aspirations.
What to expect:
A supervised structured programme of exercise designed to meet your needs to give you a chance to improve your health.
DocSpot provides the information to adjust your lifestyle and will give you a helping start. It is not a ‘cure all’ for your health and will require your commitment to be effective.
Who is DocSpot for?
People aged 16 years and over, whose health would be improved by regular exercise.
* Who meet the inclusion criteria.
Where can I take part in DocSpot?
Tudor Grange Sports Centre
Blossomfield Road, Solihull, B91 1NB
Tel: (0121) 705 6371
North Solihull Sports Centre
Conway Road, Chelmsley Wood, B37 5LH
Tel: (0121) 770 3822
|Smiths Wood Community Gym
C/O Smith's Wood Community Primary School,
Kingfisher Drive, Birmingham, B36 0SZ
Tel: 0121 779 2986
|The Hampton Health Club
Station Court, Old Station Road, Hampton in Arden, Solihull
Tel: 01675 44 34 64
Crèche facilities are available at Tudor Grange and North Solihull Sports Centre. Please contact the centre directly for more details.
How much exercise is recommended?
At least 30 minutes of exercise a day is recommended, which makes you feel warm and breathe slightly faster than normal. This can even be broken into 10-minute blocks and will help you stay healthy.
How much does it cost?
Prices for accessing DocSpot and the activities on offer vary per facility, please contact your chosen DocSpot centre directly for more details or click on the centre name above for further details. We have negotiated with all DocSpot facilities to ensure that the scheme is offered at discounted prices.
Will it mean hard work?
No. Your programme should be easy to start with and as you become fitter your programme will be adjusted. At every stage you follow your programme at your own pace.
What to Wear:
No special clothing or equipment is required. Try to wear loose clothing in several layers and sensible shoes e.g. flat soles and ‘non-slip'
What you need to do next:
- Your GP or Practice Nurse will complete the DocSpot referral form and give you the pink copy.
- YOU BOOK YOUR WELCOME CONSULTATION at the leisure centre of your choice. You can do this by visiting the Leisure Centre or by telephoning (see contact details overleaf).
- Remember to bring your pink referral form with you to your welcome consultation.
- Your welcome consultation will be on a one-to-one basis with a qualified Exercise Professional where we will discuss your medical history and exercise preferences. This helps us to tailor an exercise programme specifically for your needs.
- Please remember to bring your current medication to your welcome consultation (in their packets or containers).
- A 12-week programme of exercise will be agreed between yourself and the Exercise Professional. As you make improvements on DocSpot, we will work with you to adapt your exercise programme.
- You will be able to use the leisure facilities at the centre during DocSpot session times (these will be given to you at your welcome consultation).
- If you have any queries please contact one of the DocSpot Exercise Professionals.
- Your GP/Practice Nurse will receive information on your progress at the end of the 12-week programme.