Rambling In Solihull
Castle Bromwich Ramblers & Solihull Ramblers have teamed up with Solihull Striders & Strollers to provide some longer walks. This offers you the opportunity to progress from our Striders and Strollers walks onto something a little more challenging and to go those few extra miles.
Solihull Ramblers: (Walks are a variety of lengths up to 5 miles)
- Sat. 2nd March 5 mile walk from Broome Hall Lane C.P. near canal bridge Lapworth at 10:00
- Tues. 12th March 4.5 mile walk from the layby on Meriden Road, Berkswell at 10:00
- Sun. 24th March 4 mile walk from roadside by Queens Head, Meriden at 10:30
- Sun. 7th April 4 mile walk from Hockley Heath Recreation Ground at 10:30
- Sat 27th April 3 mile walk from Dorridge Park Car Park at 10:30
- Tues 7th May 2.5 mile walk from tennis courts, Shadowbrook Lane, Hampton in Arden at 7:00pm.
- Wed. 5th May 3 mile walk from recreation ground opposite Organge Tree Pub, Chadwick End at 7:00 pm
- Sat 25th May 4.5 mile walk from Balsall Street laybay on B4101 at 10:00
- Tue. 28th May 4 mile walk from Shelley Farm Car Park , Monkspath at 7:00pm
- Sun 2nd June 3.5 mile walk from Shelley Farm Car Park , Monkspath at 10:30
- Wed 5th June 4 mile walk from Brueton Park Car Park at 7:00 pm
- Sat 9th June 5 mile walk from Hockley Heath Recreation Ground at 10:30
- Thur. 13 June 3 mile walk St Swithens Church Barston at 7:00 pm
- Wed. 26th June 4.5 mile walk from Dorridge Park Car Park at 7:00pm
- Sun 30th June 4.5 mile walk from Hampton in Arden Station Car Park at 10:30
Please contact Nick Hillier on: 0121 745 5122 for further information.
Castle Bromwich Ramblers: Walks start at 10:30am (No more than 3 miles)
- Tues 12th February – Castle Bromwich – starts from Crafty Cow Shop, The Green, B36 9AL
- Tues 12th March – Kingshurst – starts from Library, Marston Drive, B37 6BD
- Tuesday 16th April – Balsall Common – Meet Chester Road, service road by Barclays Bank, B36 0JG
- Wednesday 22nd May – Newhall Valley at 7pm
- Wednesday 29th May – Jewellery Quarter at 7pm
- Wednesday 5th June – To be arranged at 7pm
- Wednesday 12th June – To be arranged at 7pm
- Wednesday 26th June – Solihull at 7pm
Meet in Chester Road, service road by Barclays Bank, Castle Bromwich B36 0JG for:
10am on Tuesdays and 6:30pm on Wednesdays or you can go direct to the start of the walk.
Walks are approx. 4 miles long and 2 hours long.
Please contact Tony or David from the Ramblers on: 0121 748 1829 or 0121 788 0650 for further information.