Small grants for Solihull based sports clubs
Small grants are available to Solihull based sports clubs. The criteria and application form for a grant has been simplified. Funding is available for,
- The promotion of sport within the local community;
- Increasing sports participation; or
- Developing new or existing sports coaches.
Applications are open for the Small Grants Programme run by Sport Solihull. Criteria for the grants include:
- The level of funding available is up to £1000;
- No individual applications. Applications must be made by the sporting club/application;
- A club must produce a development plan that covers the funding detailing what the funding will be spent on and how they see it helping the club in the long term;
- 100% grants will not be awarded – the clubs are expected to make a contribution towards the project/request being made;
- If awarded funding will be paid in arrears on receipt of evidence of actual costs and payment. Clubs will be monitored and progress reviewed against funding given.
The full guidance and application form for the grant programme is available via the links to the left.
The next deadline for applications is: December 4th 2017 after that the next deadline is March 12th 2018.
Applications should be sent to:
Secretary Sport Solihull
Po Box 18
Solihull, B91 9QS
Solihull Sports Awards
A great way to celebrate Solihull’s sporting achievements is with the Solihull Sports Awards, which celebrates the sporting success of individuals and teams throughout the Borough each year.
Click here for catergories and how to nominate. Nominations will be sort May/June 2018.
Sport Solihull represents sport in the community in Solihull. It provides a forum for the voluntary sports sector to meet and discuss a wide range of sporting matters while at the same time acting in partnership with other agencies to develop and promote sport in Solihull.
There has always been a close link between Sport Solihull, Solihull Council and SUSTAiN and with the increasing emphasis on the importance of a fit and active lifestyle and the value of competitive sport, both organisations are keen to work together to continue improving sporting opportunities in Solihull.
Sport Solihull helps voluntary sports organisations by providing:
- information on sports facilities
- access to funding opportunities
- support to volunteers
- training for coaches, referees and umpires
- advice on first aid, child protection and other important areas related to sports clubs
- opportunities where groups can work together to avoid overlaps and maximise the resources available
Sport Solihull also represents the opinions of local sporting organisations to Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council and advises on the planning of new sports facilities and activities.
Keep up to date with quarterly emails covering sporting stuff that matters to you – funding opportunities, training availability, good news stories and forthcoming events. Simply register as a provider of sport and physical activity in Solihull to join the virtual network.