Training & Development
PACT – Personal Attainment and Community Training
What is PACT aiming to achieve?
- Increase participation by getting people “more active, more often”
- Up skilling of existing and new workforce in delivering high quality sporting opportunities
- Widen access to sport among low participation groups
- Support young people to access training through sport to develop personal/social skills and employment opportunities
The Solihull Active Team will offer a range of free (unless stated) training in partnership with, CSW Sport, Sport Solihull, Sports Coach UK, Walking for Health, and Worksafe Training Systems to achieve this.
* Eligibility for training and qualifications with astrix (you only need to meet one):
- Young person aged 16-25 years OR
- Volunteer in a sports club delivering sessions to 16-25 years in the targeted areas OR
- Professionals looking to upskill to meet the needs of their service users i.e. youth workers, connexions, police, Enable Solihull, Sustain, care workers
Code of Practice for Sports Coaches is an invaluable tool, adopted by many governing bodies of sport. It provides you with an ethical framework in which you should operate as a responsible, informed and enlightened coach.
|Sports Club Funding – access funding for your sports club||Free Min age 16 years||Thursday 2 February
|Solihull Indoor Bowls Club, Brick Kiln Lane, Hillfield, Solihull, B91 3LE|
|Sports First Aid||Free Min age 16 years||Wednesday 22 February & 1 March
Must attend both nights
|K2, CTC Kingshurst Academy, Cooks Ln, Solihull, B37 6NU|