Walking in Solihull
Why is walking the perfect activity for health?
- Almost everyone can do it, it’s FREE and you don’t need any special equipment, just a comfy pair of shoes!
- You can do it anywhere and at any time to suit your schedule.
- If you haven’t been active for a while you can start slowly and build up gently.
- It’s a chance to be in the great outdoors, re-energise and explore your local area.
- Walking groups are a great way to socialise and meet new people.
- Taking part in regular physical activity has a whole host of benefits, click here for more info.
Walking For Health: Solihull Striders and Strollers
Come and enjoy your local area, meet new people and improve your health with one of our walking groups. Solihull Striders and Strollers provide health walks throughout the borough. We have 13 regular walks led by our volunteer walk leaders. All of our walks take place in the morning. Current dates, times and locations can be found in our Step Into Solihull – Booklet
The walks offer a range of routes that allow for the appreciation and exploration of local surroundings, environment and wildlife. The routes used are mostly flat, even and accessible to all participants regardless of physical ability. When you arrive at your first walk you will be asked to fill out a Step Into Solihull – Registration form.
The walks last around an hour but some offer a 30 minute shorter alternative. At the end of the walk there is always a cup of tea or coffee available (for a small donation), as well as the opportunity to chat and make new friends.
Solihull Striders and Strollers is part of the national Walking for Health initiative.
Additional walks for 2017:
Castle Bromwich Ramblers & Solihull Striders & Strollers have teamed up to provide some longer walks on the following dates:
- Tuesday 14th March: meet at Kingshurst Library. Walk starts at 10.30am
- Tuesday 11th April: venue to be confirmed. Walk starts at 10.30am
- Tuesday 9th May: meet at Chelmsley Wood Shopping Centre by Asda, led by Tony. Walk starts at 10.30am
- Tuesday 13th June: meet at Kingshurst library, led by Alan. Walk starts at 10.30am
- Tuesday 11th July: venue to be confirmed. Walk starts at 10.30am
- Tuesday 15th August: meet at The Tavern in Marston Green, led by Geoff. Walk starts at 10.30am
- Tuesday 12th September: meet at Chelmsley Wood Shopping Centre by Asda, led by David. Walk starts at 10.30am
Please contact Tony from the Ramblers on 0121 748 1829 for further information.