Walking in Solihull
Why is walking the perfect activity for health?
- Almost everyone can do it, it’s FREE and you don’t need any special equipment, just a comfy pair of shoes!
- You can do it anywhere and at any time to suit your schedule.
- If you haven’t been active for a while you can start slowly and build up gently.
- It’s a chance to be in the great outdoors, re-energise and explore your local area.
- Walking groups are a great way to socialise and meet new people.
- Taking part in regular physical activity has a whole host of benefits, click here for more info.
Walking For Health: Solihull Striders and Strollers
Come and enjoy your local area, meet new people and improve your health with one of our walking groups. Solihull Striders and Strollers provide health walks throughout the borough. We have 13 regular walks led by our volunteer walk leaders. All of our walks take place in the morning. Current dates, times and locations can be found in our Step Into Solihull – Booklet.
For those of you wanting to get ahead of the crowds here is our October 2017 to March 2018 Step Into Solihull Booklet.
The walks offer a range of routes that allow for the appreciation and exploration of local surroundings, environment and wildlife. The routes used are mostly flat, even and accessible to all participants regardless of physical ability. When you arrive at your first walk you will be asked to fill out a Step Into Solihull – Registration form.
The walks last around an hour but some offer a 30 minute shorter alternative. At the end of the walk there is always a cup of tea or coffee available (for a small donation), as well as the opportunity to chat and make new friends.
Solihull Striders and Strollers is part of the national Walking for Health initiative.
Additional walks for 2017:
Castle Bromwich Ramblers & Solihull Ramblers have teamed up with Solihull Striders & Strollers to provide some longer walks. This offers you the opportunity to progress from our Striders and Strollers walks onto something a little more challenging and to go those few extra miles.
Solihull Ramblers: (Walks are a variety of lengths up to 5 miles)
- Saturday 2nd September: Meet at Broome Hall Lane car park Lapworth. 10:00am (5 miles)
- Saturday 16th September: Meet at Bentley Heath Recreation Ground car park. 10:00am (5 miles)
- Sunday 24th September: Meet at Malthouse Lane car park, Earlswood. 10:30 (5 miles)
- Tuesday 26th September: Meet at Park Shadowbrook Lane sports field, Hampton in Arden. 10:00am (5 miles)
- Saturday 30th September: . Meet at Recreation Ground car park off Old Warwick Road, Hockley Heath. 10:00am (4 miles)
- Tuesday 3rd October: Meet at Elmdon Church car park, Solihull (off Damson Parkway by Landrover entrance). 10:30am (4.5 miles)
- Sunday 8th October: Meet at Jobs Close car park, Knowle. 10:30am (3.5 miles)
- Sunday 22nd October: Meet at Bentley Heath Recreation Ground. 10:30am (4 miles)
- Saturday 11th November: Meet at “The Cider House”,Warings Green Road, Illshaw Heath. 10:00am (3 miles)
- Sunday 19th November: Meet at Fisherman’s car park, Malthouse Lane, Earlswood. 10:30am (4.5 miles)
- Sunday 3rd December: Meet at Brueton car park off Old Warwick Road. 10:30am (4 miles)
Please contact Nick Hillier on: 0121 745 5122 for further information.
Castle Bromwich Ramblers: Walks start at 10:30am (No more than 3 miles)
- Tuesday 12th September: Meet at Chelmsley Wood Shopping Centre by Asda, led by David.
- Tuesday 17th October: Venue to be confirmed.
- Tuesday 21st November: Venue to be confirmed.
- Thursday 21st December: Meet at Marston Green Library.
- Tuesday 23rd January: Venue to be confirmed.
- Tuesday 20th February: Venue to be confirmed.
- Tuesday 27th March: Venue to be confirmed.
Please contact Tony from the Ramblers on: 0121 748 1829 or 07951 334267 for further information.