Walking in Solihull
Why is walking the perfect activity for health?
- Almost everyone can do it, it’s FREE and you don’t need any special equipment, just a comfy pair of shoes!
- You can do it anywhere and at any time to suit your schedule.
- If you haven’t been active for a while you can start slowly and build up gently.
- It’s a chance to be in the great outdoors, re-energise and explore your local area.
- Walking groups are a great way to socialise and meet new people.
- Taking part in regular physical activity has a whole host of benefits, click here for more info.
Walking For Health: Solihull Striders and Strollers
Come and enjoy your local area, meet new people and improve your health with one of our walking groups. Solihull Striders and Strollers provide health walks throughout the borough. We have 13 regular walks led by our volunteer walk leaders. All of our walks take place in the morning. Current dates, times and locations can be found in our October 2017 to March 2018 Step Into Solihull Booklet.
The walks offer a range of routes that allow for the appreciation and exploration of local surroundings, environment and wildlife. The routes used are mostly flat, even and accessible to all participants regardless of physical ability. When you arrive at your first walk you will be asked to fill out a Step Into Solihull – Registration form.
The walks last around an hour but some offer a 30 minute shorter alternative. At the end of the walk there is always a cup of tea or coffee available (for a small donation), as well as the opportunity to chat and make new friends.
Solihull Striders and Strollers is part of the national Walking for Health initiative.
Become a Volunteer Walk Leader
We are always looking for new volunteers so if you like to walk and can regularly attend sessions, you could help our existing volunteers to lead walks across the borough. The role isn’t too demanding and training is provided. To find out more information about becoming a Volunteer Walk Leader click HERE! or give us a call on: 0121 7048075
Our next Volunteer Walk Leader Training will take place on: Wednesday 22nd November 2017
Time: (Arrive) 10:30am – 4.00pm (approx.)
Spaces are limited, so if you would like to book a place on this course then please contact 0121 704 8075 by no later than 8th November 2017.