On Saturday 31 October, the Prime Minister announced that a new set of national restrictions will come into force on Thursday 5 November. We’ll update you what this means for sport and physical activity in Solihull as soon as possible.
As a provider of sport and physical activity in Solihull you must follow Government and Public Heath England guidance on social distancing and operating your activity safely during Covid-19, please take the time to read this letter from Ruth Tennant, Director of Public Health, Solihull Council.
Support is available from a range of sources, we have developed locally some guidance for those wishing to restart sport and/or physical activity in Solihull.
This Guidance note applies to the following areas:
- Solihull Council directly provided or commissioned sport and/or physical activity programmes
- Sport and/or physical activities run by key partners with whom the Council has a contract
- Organisations who lease, hire or utilise parks, open space or property from the Council
- Sport and physical activity providers who deliver activity within Solihull borough i.e. sports clubs, Community Interest Companies.
Important Guidance and Documents that may be useful:
- COVID-19 Guidance for sport and physical activity
- Appendix 1 Examples of COVID-19 considerations
- Appendix 2 Example Risk Assessment Checklist
- Lets do the right thing for Solihull (poster)
- Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020 (poster)
- Stay Alert to Stay Safe (poster)
This page will be updated regularly with up-to-date guidance as and when it is released.
Please feel free to share any best practice with us so that we can share with the wider network via this page.