Eat Well Move More – Family Healthy Lifestyle Service
Eat Well Move More
COVID-19 Update: Due to PHE guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK we are operating on reduced services. We will continue to update our website and social media channels regularly as the situation changes. For up-to-date information about the current UK situation please see the GOV.uk guidance page.
Eat Well Move More is a healthy lifestyles programme for families with children aged 4-16 years who have concerns over their child’s health and would like support and guidance to make healthy lifestyle changes. The programme includes healthy eating and nutritional advice, tips and ideas for being more active, fun activities and games and interactive resources for the whole family to get involved.
One-to-One Programme (4-16 years)
- Families have an appointment with a Health Trainer to gain top tips, fun ideas and support in improving their families lifestyle, as well as being informed on how they can all stay more active.
- Programme available: Mondays to Thursdays
- Number of one-to-one sessions: 4
- Duration of sessions: 30-60min
- Period of programme: 12 weeks
- Venues: Currently offered through a phone call or video call (i.e. what’s app, zoom) at a time suitable for you and your family
*If you are interested in this programme please complete our online referral form stating you wish to access the one to one programme.
Virtual Group Programmes
You will receive an online lifestyle questionnaire for completion prior to the programme, you will then receive an initial consultation via telephone with one our Health Trainers. You will then receive a 5 week programme, for 45 minutes per week. Each virtual group will be led by one of our Health Trainers, and will have a maximum of 4 families with children of similar ages. We offer 3 virtual group sessions dependent on the age of the referred child/young person.
- Child aged 4-7 years – we will invite parents/carers/guardians to be part of the programme
- Child aged 8-11 years – we will invite both parents/carers/guardians and referred child, along with any other family member to be part of the programme
- Young person aged 12-16 years – we will invite the young person to be part of the programme, parent/carer/guardian attendance is optional
Typically a programme will include topics such as the eat well plate, 5-a-day, portion control, physical activity, sugars and dental, fats and fast food. The programme has been designed to be as interactive as possible and will be age appropriate.
*If you are interested in this programme please complete our online referral form stating you wish to access the virtual programme.
How to make a referral?
G.P.’s, Dieticians, Paediatricians, and/or School Nurses can all refer children and young people onto the 1:1 programme, through completing the Online Referral Form.
Parents/Carers who have received an NCMP letter or just have concerns over their child’s lifestyle, please complete the Online Referral Form, one of our Health Trainers will get in touch to arrange your initial consultation.