Better Breathers Exercise
PLEASE NOTE: OUR BETTER BREATHERS EXERCISE CLASSES REMAIN SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19.
If you are looking to find ways to stay active at home during this time, then please visit our ‘Stay Active While at Home’ webpage for lots of useful resources.
Our local Better Breathers exercise classes can help you to manage your breathing condition. Join one of our groups for a fun, gentle exercise circuit. If you have a lung condition such as COPD, lung disease or severe asthma then these are the classes for you.
You may be concerned that being more active and exerting yourself will make you short of breath and very uncomfortable. However, it is not harmful for you to get out of breath during physical activity, it is actually good for you. Week by week you will find that you can do more and daily activities will feel easier.
- Help manage breathlessness
- Strengthen the muscles that help you breathe
- Help prevent infections
- Increase confidence and reduce feelings of anxiety/low mood
- Strengthen bones and muscles
How to join:
If you have breathing problems and would like to attend these classes, please contact the community respiratory team on 0121 424 4766. A member of this team will be able to refer you to Better Breathers classes.
All Better Breathers classes are held in local venues and are led by qualified specialist exercise instructors.
- North Solihull Sports Centre, Conway Road, Chelmsley Wood, B37 5LA.
- Tudor Grange Leisure Centre, Blossomfield Road, Solihull, B91 1NB.
- St George & St Theresa’s Church, Station Road, Dorridge, B93 8EY .