Gentle Activity Programme
Step Into Solihull
The Step into Solihull project is a gentle activity programme in Solihull which incorporates a walking programme and gentle exercise sessions.
Our full activity programme, including days/times/locations and prices, can be found in our: Step into Solihull Booklet.
Sessions are aimed at people aged over 45, and there is something for everyone. You are welcome to just turn up on the day or for some sessions you can book in advance. Sessions run on a first come-first served basis.
On arrival at your first session you will be asked to fill out a Registration Form. Our exercise sessions are suitable for everyone, but if you are unsure, please come along to our next session and find out for yourself, or contact us on 0121 704 8207 if you have any questions.
Walking For Health: Solihull Striders and Strollers
Come and enjoy your local area, meet new people and improve your health. Solihull Striders and Strollers provide health walks throughout the borough. We have 12 regular walks led by our volunteer walk leaders. All of our walks take place in the morning. Current dates, times and locations can be found in our current Step into Solihull Booklet. Please visit our Walking in Solihull page for further walking information.
Gentle Exercise Timetable
- Tai Chi – Don’t do stress … do Tai Chi. Step into Solihull offers sessions at: North Solihull Sports Centre, Tudor Grange Leisure Centre, The Core (Central library Solihull), and Bentley Heath Community Centre (Thursday sessions are currently f
- Extend – Offers gentle exercise to music classes for over 45’s. The sessions promote health, increase mobility, and improve strength, co-ordination and balance. You can get involved in these sessions locally at: Bentley Heath Community Centre and St Clements Church (Castle Bromwich)
- Dance – Experience a variety of dance styles with our local ‘Stepping out’ dance classes at The Core (Central library Solihull). The Core also offer a monthly Tea Dance in the studio. Please visit The Core website for more information.
- Line dancing – A session suitable for beginners, all capabilities, and open to over 45’s, taking place at Bentley Heath Community Centre. The classes all work on a first-come first-serve basis and you are welcome to just turn up on the day.
- Yoga – Local hatha yoga and chair-based yoga sessions are available to cater for beginners and those with poorer mobility. Yoga classes are great for both body and mind! Classes are available at North Solihull Sports Centre and The Core (Central library Solihull).
- Walking Football – A slow-paced version of the game aimed at getting players back involved in the sport. Currently available at Tudor Grange Leisure Centre and Beechcroft Community Sports Club.
- Ladies Walking Netball – A slowed down version of the game of netball, designed for anyone looking to exercise in a relaxed, supportive and friendly environment. Currently available at:
North Solihull Sports Centre – Thursdays 1-2pm, £3 per person, contact 0121 770 3822.
Tudor Grange Leisure Centre – Mondays 11am-12pm, £3.60 per person, contact 0121 705 6371.
Beechcroft Community Sports Club – Click here for more information.
- Table Tennis – Supported by Colebridge Table Tennis Club at Tudor Grange Leisure Centre, suitable for beginners and all capabilities and great for socialising with others. The first session is FREE and after £2.50 per session.
Other local organisations that offer physical activity opportunities in Solihull:
- Friends in Recreation Solihull (FIRS)
- University of the Third Age (U3A)
- Age UK Solihull
- Discovery Walks Solihull
- Ramblers in Solihull