There are many different aspects to a healthy lifestyle including:
- Being Active
- Eating Well
- Drinking Well
- Not smoking
- Sleeping Well
- Coping with stress
How healthy are you?
Top tips for being active:
- Find an activity you enjoy and you are more likely to keep it up.
- Plan your physical activity just as you would any other appointment during the day.
- Make the most of your commute – walk or bike to work. If you travel by bus, get off a few stops earlier, and walk the rest of the journey.
- Be realistic – Despite your body benefiting quickly, you may not noitce it straight away.
- Start small and build up the time spent doing the activity.
- Set yourself a goal and commit to completing the activities you choose from week to week.
- Take up an activity the whole family or your friends can enjoy.
- Keep a pair of comfortable walking or running shoes in your car and office – You’ll be ready for activity wherever you go!
- Use a pedometer or a walking app on your phone – counting your steps will show you how well you are doing.
- Do some exercise at home – walk up and down the stairs, do some gardening, walk on the spot whilst watching TV or on the phone.
- Every little counts! Move more and feel good.
Other local healthy lifestyle services:
- Integrated Lifestyle Service: Gateway Family Services work with a number of partners to deliver a range of services in Solihull, including health checks, weight management, smoking cessation, men’s health and health psychology.
- Counselling Services: The counselling directory is a comprehensive database of UK counsellors. ‘Talking therapies’ allow people to discuss their problems and any difficult feelings they encounter in a safe, confidential environment.
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction: SIAS is Solihull integrated addiction service supporting people with drug, alcohol and gambling problems in Solihull.
- Macmillan Cancer Support: Macmillan provide support to people diagnosed with cancer, through treatment and beyond.
- Outdoor Community Activities: Gro-Organic provides support to organisations that are looking to improve their outdoor space or utilise local land for skill development, training or community cohesion.
Warwickshire Wildlife Trust is the leading local charity working for wildlife and local communities across Warwickshire, Coventry and Solihull.