Solihull Gets Active Programme
PLEASE NOTE: OUR SOLIHULL GETS ACTIVE PROGRAMME REMAINS SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19.
If you are looking to find ways to stay active at home during this time, then please visit our ‘Stay Active While at Home’ webpage for lots of useful resources.
There are lots of inclusive activities for people with disabilities in Solihull. If you can’t find the information below please call us.
To view the full Solihull Gets Active programme please click here.
Our current activity programme includes:
- Swimming – People with disabilities can swim during any public session at North Solihull Sports Centre and Tudor Grange Leisure Centre for only 90p (carer goes free).
- Swimming lessons – Group and/or one-to-one swimming lessons are also available at both local leisure centres.
- Gym – Our local leisure centres have accessible facilities and services for people with disabilities. The gyms have lots of different types of equipment and all staff are trained to help you use it safely. IFI (Inclusive Fitness Initiative) membership is available at reduced rates.
- Soft Archery* – Tuesdays 11am-12pm at Tudor Grange Leisure Centre, £2.50 per session.
- Multi-Sports* – Mondays 11am-12pm at North Solihull Sports Centre in Chelmsley Wood, £2.50 per session.
- Racketball – Thursdays 1-2.30pm at The Onward Club in Chelmsley Wood, £3 per session.
- Seated Yoga & Tai Chi – Available weekly at Parkview Day Centre in Solihull. Sessions alternate between yoga and tai chi, £4 per session. Booking is required, call 0121 704 7499.
- Cycling – Monday mornings and Wednesday evenings (Spring-Autumn), at Tudor Grange Athletics Track, £4 per session. Call 0121 705 6371 to book. For further information please click here.
* Leisure centre activity sessions: No booking required. Carer goes free.
Solihull Gets Active Games (SGA)
Solihull Gets Active Games is our FREE annual disability physical activity and sports taster event for people aged 16+. Click here for further information.
Local Sports Clubs
Warwickshire Bears – Wheelchair Basketball Club
The Warwickshire Bears Wheelchair Basketball Academy offers wheelchair basketball for people of all levels and all ages. The Warwickshire Bears mission is to inspire and support everyone facing obstacles in life and encourage them to turn them into opportunities, however difficult that may seem. The club prides itself on being inclusive and encourages both disabled and ablebodied players to be on the team.
Find out more: www.bearswbc.com
Solihull Seals – Solihull Swimming Club for the Disabled
- Meet every Monday 8.00pm-9.15pm at Tudor Grange Leisure Centre
- Open to all disabilities, membership is just £15 per year
- Friendly chats and exciting social events
- For more information contact Lynda Johnson on 0121 733 6987 or email [email protected]
- The Seals facebook page can be found by following this link.
Solihull Moors Football Club
Saturday morning football sessions for people with learning disabilities take place from 9.15-11am. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
Solihull Special Olympics Club
Activities include swimming for people aged 8-24 years old with a learning disability priced at £3 per session.
- Swimming (alternate) Wednesdays at North Solihull Sports Centre, Conway Road, Chelmsley Wood.
- Session is based in the swimming pool and session is instructor lead. Participants must be confident in the water.
- For more information contact Paul Robinson on 0121 747 5824 or email [email protected]
- Meet every Wednesday 6pm at Coronation Youth Centre, Green Lane, Shirley, B90 1AE
- For children and adults with learning disabilities
- For more information contact Dean Williams on 07973 947792
Shirley Golf Club
- Golf for Disabled Children – School Terms and holiday courses by arrangement for children aged 6-18 years of age.
- For more information contact Michael Leek on 01564 772 262 or email [email protected]