Rambling In Solihull
Castle Bromwich Ramblers & Solihull Ramblers have teamed up with Solihull Striders & Strollers to provide some longer walks. This offers you the opportunity to progress from our Striders and Strollers walks onto something a little more challenging and to go those few extra miles.
Solihull Ramblers: (Walks are a variety of lengths up to 5 miles)
- Tuesday, 25th June 2019 – Hampton in Arden, 5 miles. Starts at 10am. Park/Meet at Shadowbrook Lane Sports Centre Car Park, Hampton in Arden, B92 0DQ.
- Wednesday, 26th June 2019 – Dorridge, 4.5 miles. Starts at 7pm. Park/Meet at Dorridge Park Car Park at the end of Arden Road, B93 8LJ.
- Thursday, 4th July 2019 – Brueton Park, 4.5 miles. Starts at 7pm. Park/Meet at Brueton Park Car Park, Off Warwick Road, Solihull, B91 3HG.
- Saturday, 6th July 2019 – Meriden North, 4 miles. Starts at 10.30am. Park/Meet at the roadside by the Queens Head PH (Off bottom of Meriden hill), CV7 7JP.
- Tuesday, 9th July 2019 – Knowle, 4 miles. Starts at 7pm. Park/Meet at canalside Car Park off Knowle to Eastcote road (0.75 miles north east of Knowle), B93 0NX. Parking is limited so please share cars where possible.
- Wednesday, 17th July 2019 – Knowle, 4 miles. Starts at 7pm. Park/Meet at Black Boy PH car park, Off Warwick Road south of Knowle, B93 0EB.
- Tuesday, 30th July 2019 – Monkspath, 3.5 miles. Starts at 7pm. Park/Meet at Shelley Farm Car Park Farmhouse Way just off Monkspath Hall Road, B90 4EH.
- Saturday, 3rd August – Earlswood, 5 miles. Starts at 10am. Park/Meet at Malthouse Lane free Car Park, Earlswood, B94 5RZ.
- Tuesday, 6th August – Mockley Wood, 5 miles. Starts at 10am. Park/Meet in Station car park, Danzey Green near Tanworth, B94 5BE.
- Tuesday, 13th August – Berkswell, 4.5 miles. Starts at 10am. Park/Meet in car park near church, CV7 7BJ.
- Saturday, 17th August – Dorridge, 3 miles. Starts at 10:30am. Park/Meet at Dorridge Park Car Park at end of Arden Road, B93 8LJ (Note starting time).
- Tuesday, 27th August – Elmdon, 4 miles. Starts at 10am. Park/Meet at Elmdon Church Car Park (off Damson Parkway by Landrover entrance), B92 9EJ.
Please contact Nick Hillier on: 0121 745 5122 for further information.
Castle Bromwich Ramblers: (Walks are approx. 4 miles and 2 hours long)
Meet in Chester Road, service road by Barclays Bank, Castle Bromwich, B36 0JG for:
10am on Tuesdays and 6.30pm on Wednesdays, or you can go direct to the start of the walk but please phone ahead in case walk details have changed.
Click here for a list of the upcoming walk dates, locations, distances and walk leaders contact details.
Alternatively for general enquiries please contact Tony or David from the Ramblers on: 0121 748 1829 or 0121 788 0650 for further information.